Monday, November 5, 2007

Bob Allen Trial Begins

Central Florida Political Pulse:


State Rep. Bob Allen is facing the fight of his life this week as his trial on a charge of soliciting prostitution begins Monday in a Brevard County courtroom.

But just finding a fair and impartial jury could be one of his toughest battles, said Allen's attorney Greg Eisenmenger.

...

"I'm not sure a change of venue would help that much because I can't think of a place in Florida that hasn't been affected," he said.



Sinfonian disagrees:


You know, I actually think it's more likely that the jury will be biased in favor of Blowin' Bob. We're talking about Brevard County, after all, home of some of the batshit craziest wingnuts anywhere. Given Blowin' Bob's stellar record of voting against teh gay and for "family values," I rather think he's going to get a sweetheart deal. They'll probably forgive and forget ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree